The Diploma in Relationship Counselling
- Empowers you to counsel based on ‘The Skilled Helper Model’ (Gerard Egan)
- Provides a solid grounding in a number of theories and approaches which are appropriate to both individual and couple counselling
- Allows you to develop a range of counselling and communication skills for working effectively with couples
Please note that:
- After 3 years there is potential access to further advanced training with SMC
- The Diploma in Relationship Counselling can also provide you with the foundation to then go on and apply for the current BACP/COSCA Accredited Practitioner Scheme.
Learning journals and evaluations are completed at the end of each weekend of training.
Further written assignments are designed to assess students’ theoretical understanding and competence.
Centre managers and supervisors complete an annual report.
Students will be required to submit a Professional Portfolio to demonstrate their understanding of casework.
Students are required to adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework.
Do you have any questions about the Diploma in Relationship Counselling? Try the Relationship Counsellor FAQs. Or contact us on 0141 222 2166